World of Books wants to hear from all of our keen little readers out there. We welcome you to share a short video recording of your child reviewing their favourite book from their bookshelf. Alternatively, you can share photos and text if you prefer not to include a video. We will be sharing their reviews* and awarding the best ones with an exciting prize.
We suggest this activity for children aged 5+, but if you have younger readers who are keen to share then we will happily accept their entries into the competition too!
Reviews will be shared on our social media platforms, blog, emails, on the book’s page on our website, so other children will be encouraged to read the book too!
Will you help us share the love of reading?
*Video clips should be no longer than 60 seconds. Ensure the audio is clear with little to no background noise.
Creative edits are welcome.
Please fill out and send the permission form below with your submission:
Here’s what to do to join our gang of WoB Worms!
Get creative for this project. The more creative, the better! Perhaps you want to dress up as the character while reviewing your book…
If you’re 13+, why not share your favourite quote from your chosen book as part of your review?
Be descriptive and honest, we are waiting to hear what you think!
If it’s your first review, here are some tips on what to include:
1) How did the book make you feel? Did it make you laugh?
2) Did you learn anything from the characters or the story?
3) Would you recommend the book to your friends?
The prize is a bundle of ten, (yes, TEN) books to each age group to read. One winner will be picked from within each category. Three prizes in total. (5-8 Years, 9-12 Years, and 13-16 Years).
We can’t wait to hear about what you’ve been reading.
Ts and Cs
1) Competition closing date extended to the 28th February 2021. Any entries after this date will not be accepted.
2) *Parental/Legal guardian permission is required. Please send your review along with the written permission form so that we can share the review on our website, blog, and social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram).
3) You can withdraw your permission at any time letting us know at our email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
4) Video submissions recommended; please keep the video length to no more than 60 seconds.
5) Written/and video submissions will be accepted in the comments section on Facebook, Instagram, and via Twitter (be mindful of the character limit), or you can email your entries to email@example.com
6) Three (3) winners will be announced on World Book Day 2021 (4th March 2021). Winners will be private messaged on social media or emailed from the email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) – the only information we will then ask for is a delivery address and a parent/guardian’s name to ensure the safe delivery of the prize. Please note, we will never ask for bank details or any payment to be made for this competition.
Need inspiration or want to refresh your child’s bookshelf before choosing a story to review? Check out our fantastic range of children’s books.
We are very excited to see your reviews! If you have any questions, let us know in the comments below.