50 thoughts when reading Fifty Shades
By Sarah Kneath
Here at World of Books, we want to read as many of the big books of the year and in 2011 & 2012, no one could have been prepared for the phenomenon that the Fifty Shades Trilogy became. It’s the book that divided opinions across the world. So, we thought why not review this book, in a way that will make you chuckle. Maybe we shared a few of the same thoughts.
1. I am well and truly on the band wagon now
2. Surely it’s not as smutty as people say it is
3. Apparently, you don’t have to be good at writing to sell millions of books
4. I was right to have low expectations – this will not be winning awards soon
5. This would never happen at a Screwfix store
6. Are hardware stores sexy?
7. First edition Tess of D’urbervilles – nice Christian. Nice.
8. Don’t be so ungrateful – we’ll take the books please!
9. That’s it girl – you go out and have fun. You don’t need him.
10. Drunk calling – classy.
11. It actually worked?
12. Wow – she can’t hold her drink.
13. A packet of salt and vinegar crisps and cloudy lemonade would sort out that hangover
14. Sharing toast, how… quaint.
15. This is SO Twilight.
16. Now he’s bought her new clothes. How did he do that? It takes me 3 hours to pick a pair of jeans.
17. This is not how normal people talk to each other
18. Takes awkward elevator moments to a new level, huh?
19. A helicopter? Really?
20. Oh my, who needs a Non-Disclosure Agreement in a relationship?
21. This book is about to take a weird turn
22. Yep… That room.
23. All I have in my spare room is empty cardboard boxes and coats
24. On. Earth. Is. That?
25. Where does that even go… Oh. Wait.
26. If Ann Summer’s wrote Twilight…
27. Starting to understand the NDA now
28. What’s an inner Goddess?
29. Where can I get one?
30. I can’t believe my Mum has read this.
31. Again? Really? So much smut.
32. Definitely will not be reading this on public transport
33. That reminds me, I must delete my Amazon browse history
34. I’m such a book snob
35. Is this really entertainment? I can’t stop wincing and/or cringing
36. I wish I’d never started this
37. I’m two thirds through now. I’m committed.
38. I can’t believe my mum has also seen the film
39. I can’t believe she went to the cinema to see the film
40. How on earth did they film this?
41. I am not watching the film
42. Does that make me a prude?
43. Prude and proud!
44. Christian Grey. Romantic? Or super stalker?
45. Hmm he’s not so sweet – actually a bit of a creep
46. I wonder if I should have a safe word
47. The writing doesn’t get any better does it?
48. And they’re at it again
49. That’s how it ends?
50. Oh crikey there are TWO MORE?
We have over 2 million books in our stock here at World of Books HQ. Be sure to browse our store and find a preloved book a second home. We have put together bundles of popular series here, these include The Hunger Games and Fifty Shades.